Carbon Bike Doctor is a Carbon Fibre Repair business (based in Mona Vale - Sydney, Australia) that can repair your bike at a fraction of the cost of replacement. We can match the carbon layers from original construction to ensure that your ride retains the same feel, quality and stiffness. We also offer a refinishing service, which in most cases you may not be able to tell where the repair was. We can often repair bikes without a complete strip-down/re-build, which saves you money.
Both repair and refinishing cost will depend on the complexity of the bike construction (e.g. level of engineering in the bike, shape of parts) and finish (e.g. complexity of paint job, decal placement), the level of damage (e.g. minor - major). We also offer full or partial custom respray options to take your ride to the next level.
Tristan Tucker is the founder of Carbon Bike Doctor. Tristan has over 14 years of advanced composite construction expertise. He has worked at the forefront of carbon fibre technology construction, including:
Commenced working with Carbon Fibre as a boatbuilding apprentice at McConaghy Racing Yachts and became a qualified boatbuilder. Used materials such as pre-preg carbon fibre with high temperature / pressure to achieve high quality result (high strength to weight ratio);
Developed Carbon Fibre expertise on high performance Grand Prix Maxi yachts (e.g. Alfa Romeo, Morning Glory and Wild Oats) and Americas Cup class yachts;
- nvolved in all aspects of a high-quality build of Ericsson 4 - winner of the 2008/9 Volvo round-the-world ocean race. In particular, the production of the custom-made communications antenna mast (see photo below of the mast in the Southern Ocean); Watch video
- Build of structural hang glider components from Carbon Fibre at Composite Creations.
- Repaired hundreds of Carbon Fibre Bikes to full customer satisfaction.
- Resprays of bikes including minor repairs through to custom complete resprays.
- Built 100% custom Carbon Fibre Road Bikes from scratch to meet exacting client requirements.
|Erricson 4 Communications Tower in race conditions|
High performance bikes use the same advanced composite materials (e.g. Pre-Preg Carbon Fibre, Titanium and lightweight alloys) and construction techniques. They both have complex components that must perform under load/stress when pushed to the limit under race conditions.
At Carbon Bike Doctor, we have built a client list based on demonstrated results. We combine recognised Carbon Fibre expertise with a passion for cycling.